B Pharmacy or Bachelor of Pharmacy is a 4 years Undergraduate degree program that deals with the intricacies of the pharmaceutical industry, starting from manufacturing medicines and drugs to dispensing them across various medical stores, distributors, and stockists.
B Pharmacy Admission 2021 is done based on both Entrance Exams as well as based on Merit. Various Entrance Exams such as UPSEE, GPAT, NEET, BITSAT, MHT – CET, etc are conducted to enroll students for B Pharmacy courses.
Students who have cleared Class 12 board exams along with mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA are eligible to apply for the B Pharmacy course.
B Pharmacy Syllabus deals with knowledge about biochemical sciences and their impact on the healthcare industry. This allows students to get total clarity on the insights and the core component structure of the subject.
B Pharmacy Admission Process
Candidates who are seeking B Pharmacy Admissions have to sit for various Entrance Exams that are conducted by various Universities. Some colleges like Annamalai University enroll students based on Merit as well.
Entrance Exam Prerequisites
Before appearing for B Pharmacy entrance exams you should be aware of all the prerequisites as mentioned below,
- Prepare a list of colleges that you want to apply for and the list of entrance exams that they accept
- The top B Pharmacy entrance exams include NEET, BITSAT, UPSEE, KCET, MHT CET, etc.
- Check the eligibility and the entrance criteria for these B Pharmacy entrance exams.
- Some of the entrance exams are of a national level that is accepted by a majority of colleges, however, exams like MH-CET are state-level exams that are accepted by state-level B Pharmacy colleges
B Pharmacy Admission 2021: Admission Process
B Pharmacy Admission processes are done both based on merit as well as on the entrance exams. It depends from college to college. Below mentioned is a detailed structure of the entire admission process for B Pharmacy Admission 2021.
There is a list of eligibility criteria that students have to follow before applying for admission to the B Pharmacy course. They are as follows,
- Students should have cleared their 10+2 examinations with 50% and with mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics, and English
- Students who have cleared 10+2 from non-formal based schools such as NIOS and state-based open schooling are not eligible for this course
- Students should complete 17 years of age before 31st December of the year of admission to the Pharma college
- Students who have cleared B Pharmacy entrance examinations like MET, BITSAT, JEE, KCET are eligible for this course
How to Apply?
Applications for B Pharmacy Admission is not at all a difficult task if the guidelines are adhered to. Below mentioned in bullets are the simple steps to follow for a hassle-free application process,
The application process for B Pharmacy is mentioned below,
- Candidates can directly visit the institution’s website and fill the registration form.
- The registration part requires the basic contact details and then the candidate will receive the required credentials for filling further application part for direct admission or the entrance test.
- After filling the application, candidates need to wait for the merit list generated by the institution which is either based on the entrance result or the graduation result submitted by the candidates.
- Later, candidates were informed of final document verification and admission fees submission.
Shortlisted candidates are invited to take part in the final selection rounds which include PI & GD
- Many top B Pharmacy colleges conduct PI (Personal Interview) for the final round of selection
- Colleges that grant admission based on merit conduct GD / PI as the final selection round
Once you are shortlisted, you are thereafter expected to go through the counseling process, which is nothing but submitting all the necessary documents such as ID proof, Photograph, Exam certificates, few declarations, etc required for the B Pharmacy admission process.