Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) is a career-oriented diploma course in the field of pharmaceutical sciences. The course is designed to familiarise students with the basic concepts of pharmaceuticals. The main aim of the course is to train students for entry-level positions in retail pharmacy as well as pharmaceutical companies with the required skills and academic knowledge.
After completion of D.Pharm, successful graduates can work in hospitals, health departments, treatment clinics, etc. In this article, candidates can find all important information related to D.Pharm admissions in India 2021 including admission process, eligibility, selection process, and career options.
D.Pharm Admission Highlights 2021
Some of the major highlights of D.Pharm admission in India is as follows:
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent|
|Admission Process||Merit/ Entrance Base|
|Course Fee||Rs 4,000/-to 5,50,000/- (Annually)|
Important Dates for D.Pharm Admissions 2021
Since D.Pharm admission to all colleges in India does not follow common admission procedures so it is difficult to provide candidates with clear dates. We have therefore provided the tentative dates for D.Pharm Admission 2021.
|Commencement of Application for Entrance Exams||May 2021|
|Application for Entrance Exams Closes||July 2021|
|Entrance Exam Date||August to September 2021|
|Result Declaration||September to November 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for D.Pharm Admission 2021
The common eligibility criteria for D. Pharm admission in India for 2021 are listed below. These metrics can be used by applicants to verify that they meet the criteria or not.
- To take admission, candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized board of education.
- Must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects.
- At the time of admission, candidates should be a minimum of 17 years of age.
How to Apply for D.Pharm Admissions 2021
The application process of D.Pharm admissions in India will vary from course to course. Usually, the application process is available both in online and offline mode. Candidates are required to fill in all the important details while filling the application form. The application process is considered completed after the payment of the application fee.
- The application for the D.Pharm admissions varies from one college to another.
- If you are applying for a particular institute, you will have to visit the official website of that college.
- For online application, you need to visit the official website of the college and find the application link on the home page
- Before filling the application form, need to register yourself with a college or university.
- While filling up the application form you need to provide all your details, educational qualifications, and contact information.
- After completing the application form, you will have to upload the supporting documents and recent photographs.
- At last, you need to pay the application fee prescribed by the college or university.
- For offline application, you may have to download the application form from the official website or you need to collect the application form from the administrative office of the college or university.
D.Pharm Admission Process 2021
The admissions to the Diploma in Pharmacy courses offered across India will be based on a certain set of processes, which need to be completed within a stipulated period. Commonly across institutes, two major admission processes are adopted, namely, Entrance-based and Merit-based admissions. Check out the steps and admissions processes under the two different methods of D.Pharm admission processes in India.
Entrance-Based Admission Processes
- Under entrance-based admissions, there are two popular types of entrance exams commonly conducted across different states, namely, State-Level and University Level entrance tests.
- Therefore, before applying for admissions, candidates must go through the admission policy of each college they wish to apply for.